A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy culture press releases from PR Newswire, including an International Women’s Day recap.
NEW YORK, March 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering different cultural groups stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Savoy Magazine Unveils the Most Influential Executives in Diversity & Inclusion in its 22nd Anniversary Issue
These executives have implemented innovative diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies to recruit, retain, elevate, and embrace diverse talent.
- Ladies of Virtue Launches “This Black Girl” Campaign to Spotlight Next Generation of Female Trailblazers
“This Black Girl” will highlight inspiring stories throughout the month of March, focused on high school seniors and alumni who have emerged as community role models and serve as an inspiration for younger generations.
- Mexican TV audiences back AI dubbing over subtitles
A YouGov poll of 1,002 Mexican adults found that more than half (58%) preferred watching content localized with AI dubbing over a subtitled equivalent, with the strongest preference displayed by those who watch the least foreign language TV.
- Wondershare Filmora offers free download on select effects packs as part of their “Share the Spotlight” Campaign that empowers Black Creators
Be it a community member, an artist, a designer, a local business owner, a filmmaker of any stripe, an influencer or anyone who comes to mind when you think of Black talent, Wondershare wants to shine a spotlight on these stories so that the world can see them.
- Survey Says: The Most Age-Friendly States
On the AgeFriendly.org platform, older residents rated their own town on a number of dimensions of “age-friendliness”, using a structure defined by the World Health Organization combined with net promoter score (NPS) survey methodology.
- ‘STEM Adventures’ to offer science-focused play at Kiddie Academy franchise locations nationwide
“STEM Adventures,” a free community event promoting science, technology, engineering and math exploration through developmentally appropriate activities for children, ages 2 through 12, will be held at Kiddie Academy franchise locations nationwide March 18-19 and April 1-2.
- Colgate-Palmolive Continues Commitment to Creating Pathways to Education for Black and African American Students with Second Annual Inspire Our Future Scholarship Program
Colgate will award up to 10 educational grants that are $10,000 each to students who demonstrate a sustained commitment to their communities and are pursuing majors in Sales/Marketing or Supply Chain, through its second annual Inspire our Future scholarship program.
- The Children’s Place and Eli Manning Team Up to Treat Hundreds of NJ Families to a Memorable Day
Eli Manning and The Children’s Place celebrated the start of the Easter season by hand-delivering filled-to-the-brim Easter baskets to the children of Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, plus a special surprise for 7-year old patient and football super-fan, Shane McCooe.
Read more of the latest culture-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
International Women’s Day Recap
Wednesday marked International Women’s Day, a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. Catch up on a few of the releases related to IWD and this year’s theme, #EmbraceEquity:
- SoHo Mirror Installation Reflects Self-Love on International Women’s Day
Each mirror carries a message of empowerment written across the reflective surface to encourage commuters to embrace their own journeys of self-love.
- Rachael Ray Partners with New Restaurant ‘Trust Bae’ to Mentor Ambitious Women Chefs
Each Trust Bae location will serve as an incubator of each woman chef’s unique culinary concept, providing an outlet to express their culinary journey in a safe, invigorating, nurturing space.
- Acclaimed women’s organizations and scholars offer curated lists of best resources to honor Women’s History Month
WorldCat.org has collaborated with some of the most renowned women’s organizations and scholars to share thought-provoking lists of important works about, by, and for women.
- Hyundai Launches Third-Annual Women in STEM Scholarship
For 2023, five female STEM students will receive a scholarship in the amount of $10,000 USD each. Eligible students can apply for the award by writing an essay of 500 words or more on how they think the future of mobility can be improved to better serve communities and enhance quality of life through STEM-related solutions.
Catch up on more Women’s History Month news.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-people–culture-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301768384.html
Images courtesy of PixaBay